The Jedi Masters Program offers talented artists the opportunity to learn from the masters in a variety of creative disciplines - from visual effects on live-action films to animated feature films.
We are looking for:
- A combination of Technical and Artistic-minded individuals
- Engineers with an interest in art
- Artists who are comfortable with technology
- Proactive problem-solvers
- Resourceful, with the ability to find answers without being given instructions
- Self-guided learners who are passionate about what they do
- Great Communicators with Teamwork skills
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced production environment
- Comfortable and confident presenting work, and giving and receiving feedback
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or equivalent degree in computer science, computer visualization, computer animation, visual effects, architecture, 2D/3D design, or related fields is required.
- Demonstrated experience with Maya and/or other high-end modeling software is required.
- At least 2 years work experience preferred in 3D CGI for digital animation, visual effects or producing CG characters and creatures for visual media.
- Feature film experience, desirable.
- Experience of anatomy for artists, desirable.
- Experience of physical or virtual sculpture, desirable.
- A demo reel or portfolio demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role.
Take note of the following for your application at jobs.lucasfilm.com:
- Submit a letter explaining your motivation for joining the Jedi Masters Program.
- Submit your resume (personal background, and academic and career histories) and indicate the track you would like to apply for.
- Submit your portfolio and/or demo reel (a selection of your best work), eg, a website link to your portfolio (preferred), a color copy of your artwork, or a DVD of your best computer graphics work. Do not send original materials; submitted materials will not be returned to applicants.
- Spoken and written English language skills are required.
- Click HERE for more application tips!
The Selection Process:
The Jedi Council (a panel of senior artists and instructors from Lucasfilm in the US and Singapore) will review every resume and portfolio received from candidates. Final candidates will be selected by Lucasfilm Singapore at its sole discretion.
Once accepted, you will be asked to sign an Apprentice Agreement as well as a Non-Disclosure form since you will be privy to confidential materials.
While actual padawans are asked to build their own lightsabers to complete their training, you will get the chance to work on actual projects. Your mentors will regularly evaluate your performance based on demonstrated talent, artistic skills, technical competence, teamwork, effective communication, and problem solving abilities, as well as passion.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will have a graduation ceremony and receive a certification. Hiring decisions for full-time positions in the studio will be based on the overall performance/skills of each Apprentice, as well as the number of open positions in the studio. Successful completion of the training does not guarantee a full-time position within the studio.
For More Information:
If you are interested to learn more,